One of the most important lessons I have learned in over two decades as a Fertility Advocate is as much as we understand the science of conception – and baby making – we are short on understanding the magic that is needed in our bodies to close the deal.
Magic you ask? What is Pamela talking about now! Is she going to ask me to go light a candle and dance naked in a circle? The answer is (drum roll please) if lighting a candle and dancing naked in a circle would get you to laugh, breathe, feel sexy, move the blood in your body, and believe in something bigger than you so you could relax – the answer would be yes!
So many of my infertility coaching clients want to be fertility coaching clients! They don’t want to suffer with infertility – they want to enhance their fertility! They want to know what they can do now to help themselves conceive outside of doing another IVF Cycle – or what they can do to help their IVF Cycle or their fertility drugs work better. They want a conception plan to put into action along side whatever else they are doing to try and get pregnant.
If you are TTC – the chances are that you are spending a lot of time under a white sheet with your feet in metal stirrups – being told that in so many ways that your body is broken in some way. When that happens it is natural to start to feel disconnected with our bodies. Think about this – the time when we are need our bodies the most – is often the time that we are starting to feel like our bodies have betrayed us. This can begin a cycle of self loathing – and a turning off what we are need the most which is our baby making mojo! Because feeling rocking in our bodies – firm in ourselves – is a really important place to be if we are asking a little embryo to take a nest and grow! So here are some hints to turn on your baby making machine.
Eat, Breathe, Make Love, Laugh, Move and Stretch! 9 Tips (not 10) to Improve Your Baby Making Mojo!
1. Eat, Eat, Eat! This is not the time to diet – except if you are following the Fertility Diet! So many fertility doctors tell me that they can get they patients to do anything except gain ten pounds. If you need to gain ten pounds – do it! You baby making mojo needs a a little softer place to groove in!
2. Get connected to your body! I am a huge Circle and Bloom fan! Check out their mind/body guided meditations! I reached out to Circle and Bloom and asked for a little help for you to start on your Fertility Mojo Program! And they answered my call! So for the month of April – you can get 20% off any of their products! Just put in the code FertilityAdvocate20 at check out! My personal favorites are the IVF/IUI Mind Body Program and Shameless Baby Making! But look through the list – and find the right one for you! We have to connect the dots! And doing mind – body guided meditations if a fabulous way to do this!
3. Move and breathe! Baby Making Mojo is all about getting our blood moving, and our breath flowing. While you are trying to conceive it is not time to run the marathon! But it is time to think about some fertility yoga! There are some great classes going on all around the country! And if you are not able to take a class think about Brenda Strong’s Yoga 4 Fertility DVD’s. Yoga for fertility is gentle way to get your blood flowing to all of your important parts – take in oxygen – open up your body and bring positive movement to your life! These elements are a baby making mojo essential!
4. Sex up your life! That’s right – even if your baby making is happening in the laboratory! Your body will have way more baby making mojo if you bring eroticism back into your life! There are so many ways to do this! Including trying out my How to Make Baby Making Sex Hot Again Meditation through Circle and Bloom (remember the discount!). There are hard studies out there that show when we are having fabulous sex (for men and women) – our conception rate goes up, up, up! So turn up the heat in the bedroom!
5. Get Support! One of the best thing you can do to turn down the stress and get your body feeling all safe is to get some support. There are all kinds of support groups out there – just do a google search or check out my resource section. But sometimes – we need one on one hand holding, cheer leading and guidance. I am going to join Circle and Bloom and for the Month of April in Support of National Infertility Awareness Month – I am going to offer my Fertility AND Sexuality Coaching at a tremendous discount! You will be able to purchase one series that is usually priced at $600.00 for five sessions if paid up front for $400.00 for five sessions! This is for the month of April only and I will provide you with a fifteen minute free consultation to see if this is right for you. To schedule your free consultation please email me at Pamela@thefertilityadvocate and put “Shameless Discount” in the subject line!
6. Needles Bring Blood Flow! If you have not explored acupuncture – it is a fabulous way to get some baby making mojo into your body!
7. Laugh! I know that this is a hard one if you are feeling the infertility blues – but bringing laughter into your life lowers stress and increasing that fabulous blood flow. I don’t know if clowns are the answer – but how about pole dancing or burlesque classes? Anything to put a smile on your face – keep you connected to your body and your sexuality – and bring some fun into your life!
8. Speaking of blood flow – get a massage! Massage is an incredible tool to help you in all of the tips that I have given you here today! Massage helps your body open, increases blood flow, keeps you connected to your body, brings you pleasure which will make you smile and make you feel sexy! When was your last massage? Treat yourself!
9. Want to bring a smile to your face? Maybe look to the stars? Why not bring a little of the unknown into your life and check out a reading with the AstroTwins?
So what do you think? Are you ready for a little baby making mojo? What tips do you think you will try? What tips that I have mentioned here – or not mentioned here work for you? Share!